Hello there! If you’re reading this, you’re probably at least a little bit interested in my blog, so let me tell you a little bit about myself!
My name is Phoenix–at least that is the name I go by online. I am a teenager and my pronouns are she/her/hers. I’m a total book enthusiast, and as someone on the aromantic and asexual spectrums, I’m always looking for more books with aroace characters, and while I promote all sorts of diverse books, aroace spec books are the ones I tend to speak on and promote most of all here on this blog. Here’s a list of things I like to do:
- Read: It’s why I have a book blog!
- Write: along with reading other people’s stories, I love to write my own! I mostly write fantasy or stories with some magical element, though I have dabbled in realistic fiction and would love to figure out how to write more of that genre!
- Play violin; I’ve been playing violin for several years ago and while I’m not the best I’d like to say that I’m adequate at it. I’m in a string orchestra at my school and love playing music with other people
- Play softball and watch baseball. Something you will find out very quickly if you stick around this blog is that I love softball and baseball. I’ve played softball for a while now, and I am a huge fan of Major League Baseball, with a basically encyclopedic knowledge of all things MLB.
- Hike; I go hiking once in a while, though rarely is it a very long hike. It feels so good to get to the top of a mountain and look down at all your progress!
Here’s a few of my favorite books (in no particular order):
- Felix Ever After by Kacen Callender
- Loveless by Alice Oseman
- Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo (as well as Crooked Kingdom)
- The Merciful Crow by Margaret Own
- A Snake Falls to Earth by Darcie Little Badger
My list of favorite books is not all that long, simply because there are books that are at this level of awesomeness, but there are so many books at the next level down that if I added one, I’d have to add all of them. These are my true favorite books, that I could talk about all day and never get bored (and I’d love to talk about them with you!)
This is just a small sample size of who I am as a person. I like to think that my personality shines through my posts when I blog (okay maybe not shines. But at least glimmers?) so if you want to get a better grasp on me, I’d highly suggest reading some of my blog posts!